Thursday, June 16, 2011

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.

I will be honest right out of the gate.


I am starting this blog on the advice of my psychic.

I don’t know what I will talk about. But my psychic advised me months ago that it would be beneficial for me to start a blog. I am meant to write. That’s my career path. And if I don’t start taking that path, the door is going to close before it is even open. That’s a scary thought.

What will the theme of this blog be? I have yet to decide. I follow a few blogs that focus on healthy eating, clean eating, fitness, motherhood, etc. But I am neither confident or versed enough in any of those to start a blog on solely one topic.

So here’s what we have. A blog about my life. Things that happen and have happened to me and my family. Things that are important to me on any given day.

Will I write often? Doubtful. Most days I’m given a few minutes here & there of internet time before my daughter comes and takes me away.

Will people actually read this? Again, doubtful. But I do plan on posting it on Facebook when I make an update.

So, let’s start with the basics.


Who am I?

I am Chantelle. I am 23. I am a cookie dough lover, a fitness enthusiast, a zumba addict, a bookworm, a person who cries excessively over the heartbreaking SPCA commercials (c’mon, how could those sad-eyed animals not pull at your heartstrings), a hater of mosquitoes, totally passive-aggressive, a girl with big dreams, a child at heart, a proud mommy, a lover of all things vintage, a Big Bang Theory addict, a reality TV show hater, a quiet person at first, a woman who hates clothes shopping, a newfound shoe enthusiast and a huge self-proclaimed DORK.



Who am I?
I’m not sure I accurately answer this question in the career-aspect of my life. While all of my friends have university degrees and are on their way to fulfilling careers, I am the one who still has no clue what direction to take in life. Yes, I know I should write. But what kind of writing? I tried the newspaper reporter route and it just wasn’t for me. At all. I enjoyed most of the few months I worked for the local newspaper mainly because I stepped out of my box to apply for that job and it was a good experience, overall. I had a taste of what it was to write for a living but it just wasn’t the kind of job that I could continue on with.

I am a mother. While I may not have achieved much when it comes to my career, I have given birth and survived the first two and a half years of my daughter’s life. That is an achievement in and of itself. Motherhood isn’t all sunshine and lollipops. It’s hard. I can’t explain how hard it is to see your child in pain and there’s nothing you can do to fix it aside from excessive cuddling. There’s nothing more rewarding than coming home from work or from a workout and having your daughter run towards you, arms outstretched, yelling “Mommy!! You’re home!!” excitedly. So maybe I don’t have a high paying, high profile job but I bet I can say that my ‘career’ as a Mommy is more rewarding than a six-figure pay cheque. Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment