Friday, December 30, 2011

Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.

The start of a new year always seems to symbolize rebirth. It's the start of a new year, time to wipe the slate clean, you know? I don't know how much I 'believe' in that. I haven't made a new years resolution ever that I have stuck with. It's not a huge priority of mine. I make small goals throughout the year and strive for them. I don't use the beginning of a new calender year as a starting point. I know there are people who do and that works for them and that's awesome! I turned over a new "leaf" this week and begun striving to lose the Christmas weight I packed on in December. Six nasty little pounds found its way into my body (what? eating chips and fast food for a whole month makes you gain weight? mind blowing!) but I am on my way to losing those and the extra that I'm still carrying from my pregnancy. I started P90X2 with a friend this week. We are on Day 4 and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. 86 days from now I will have a new body because I said I'll have a new body, not because the calender tells me it's time to start striving for one.

I can't believe that 2011 is almost over. How fast did this year go by, seriously? Does anyone else think that the older we get, the faster the time seems to slip by? It's kind of scary. I remember being in Grade 6 and thinking "omg, 6 more years of school until I'm FREE" and those 6 years went by so s l o w l y. And now, here I am at 24, six years post-high school graduation and thinking about how fast the last six years have gone. Scary! I hope I find a way to slow time down so I can learn to live in the moment and enjoy the great life that I have.

I don't say that often enough, I really don't. I have a great life. I have a loving hubby who accepts me for who I am, flaws and all. In fact, what I've always considered my greatest flaw (my sensitivity and emotions), he finds endearing and adorable. Because of that, I've learned to accept that I'm a sensitive person. Yes, I'm going to cry during TV commercials and torture myself with sad Youtube videos. That's who I am. And he accepts that and now, so do I :) ! I have a beautiful daughter who means the world to me. I can't imagine life without her. She has taught me so much about myself, about life and even about TJ. It's amazing to see the world through her eyes. It's like being a kid again. She gets excited about the silliest things and it renews MY excitement for the same types of things. Nothing is more rewarding than having her come up to me, randomly, giving me a hug and saying that she loves me. It makes all the sleepless nights and tears MORE than worth it. I have a job with amazing perks that keeps me motivated to become a better, more healthy version of myself. I have wonderful friends who keep me grounded. I have a home which operates as it should 99% of the time lol. I really can't complain.

2011 was a great year, one I will not forget, that's for sure. A trip to Vegas, a trip to California and my wedding! It was probably one of the best years of my life, I would have to say. So many amazing memories were made and I'm so blessed to have had the chance to experience the things I did during the past year. Aside from the trips and the wedding, one of the most amazing things about this year was watching Melina grow up. Holy man! This girl has learned so much this year and it just blows my mind. She was almost completely potty trained in the week I was home between my Vegas vacation and our California vacation! She knows how to count to 20 (almost! she misses 15 for some reason), she knows her ABCs, she loves to sing, it's just amazing seeing all of the milestones she has hit this year. I love seeing her personality evolve. I wonder what sorts of things she will have accomplished by this time next year? I can't even begin to fathom!

I am excited to see what 2012 is going to bring myself and my family. =] I'm looking forward to the start of the new year, even though this past one was incredible. Happy New Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment